Download the PDF version of the Call for Workshop Proposals here
Call for Workshop Proposals
MobiQuitous 2014 invites proposals for workshops of the 2014 International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, in cooperation with ACM SIGAPP, SIGBED.
We are soliciting workshop proposals on any topic of relevance to Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing. All workshops will be held on December 2nd or 5th, 2014.
Workshops are a great opportunity for community building and a forum for attendees with common interests. Accepted workshop papers are included in the adjunct proceedings of the Mobiquitous Conference and will be accessible via the ACM digital library.
Pre-proposal Submission Inquiries
Should you wish to discuss ideas for a workshop proposal, feel free to contact the Workshop chairs at [email protected]
Workshop Proposal Content
The proposal should be prepared as a document of no more than 4 pages in the official ACM proceedings format – tighter alternate style (Word, Latex), and must in addition include a Call for Papers. It must describe the topic, rationale and objectives for the workshop, the organizers’ backgrounds and bio, an estimate of expected attendance, in the case of follow-up workshops: statistics from any previously held workshops and a detailed plan (timeline) for conducting the workshop (including any plans for pre-workshop preparation and/or post-workshop follow up).
Workshop Selection Process
Workshops will be reviewed by a jury of experts who will consider several factors, including:
- The potential for the topic of the workshop to generate stimulating discussions and useful results.
- The expected interest of the community in the workshop topic.
- The quality, organization and plan described in the workshop proposal.
- Relevance to the main conference.
- In the case of multiple submissions on similar topics, organizers may be encouraged to merge them.
Workshop Organizers' Responsibilities
The organizers of each workshop are expected to:
- Publicize the workshop with a call for participation via the MobiQuitous website
- Set up a own web site for the workshop containing more details on the workshop, including CFP, workshop format, plans for publication (if any), participants, program, etc.
- Provide address of workshop website to conference organisers (mobiquitous.org will then point to the individual workshop websites)
- Encourage potential participants to submit papers
- Work with the MobiQuitous Publication Chairs to include workshop papers in the ACM digital library and the supplementary proceedings
- Work with the MobiQuitous Workshop Chairs to arrange the workshop
- Actively run the workshop
Submitting Your Proposal
Please email your proposal directly to the workshop chairs at [email protected] The deadline for submission is April 20th, 2014. The submission should be a single PDF file, including both the proposal (max. 4 pages) and an appended CFP.
- Submission deadline: April 20, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: May 1, 2014
- First distribution of all accepted workshop CFPs: May 20, 2014
- Camera-ready version of all workshop papers due: October 24, 2014
- Workshops: December 2, 2014
Stephan Sigg, Georg-August University Goettingen, Germany
Iqbal Mohomed, IBM Research, USA
If you have any further inquiries, please contact [email protected]