MobiQuitous 2023 invites proposals for workshops of the 20th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, to be held as an on-site conference (with an option to present remotely) in Melbourne, Australia, November 14-17, 2023.
We are soliciting workshop proposals on any topic relevant to Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing. All workshops will be held on 14th November 2023. Workshops are a great opportunity for community building and a forum for attendees with common interests. Accepted workshop papers are included in the adjunct proceedings of the MobiQuitous Conference and will be accessible via the Springer digital library.
Pre-proposal Submission Inquiries
Workshop Proposal Content
The proposal should be prepared as a document of no more than 4 pages in the official Springer proceedings format using a tighter alternate style (Word, Latex). Also, please include a Call for Papers. The document should describe the topic, rationale, and objectives for the workshop, the organizers’ backgrounds and bio, and an estimate of expected attendance. In the case of follow-up workshops, please provide statistics from any previously held workshops and a detailed plan (timeline) for conducting the workshop (including any plans for pre-workshop preparation and/or post-workshop follow-up).
Workshop Selection Process
Workshops will be reviewed based on several factors, including:
- The potential for the topic of the workshop to generate stimulating discussions and useful results.
- The expected interest of the community in the workshop topic.
- The quality, organization, and plan described in the workshop proposal.
- Relevance to the main conference.
In the case of multiple submissions on similar topics, organizers may be encouraged to merge them.
Workshop Organizers’ Responsibilities
The organizers of each workshop will:
- Publicize the workshop with a call for participation via the MobiQuitous website
- Set up your own website for the workshop containing more details on the workshop, including CFP, workshop format, plans for publication (if any), participants, program, etc.
- Provide the address of the workshop website to conference organizers (mobiquitous.eai-conferences.org will then point to the individual workshop websites)
- Encourage potential participants to submit papers
- Work with the MobiQuitous Publication Chairs to include workshop papers in the Springer digital library and the supplementary proceedings
- Work with the MobiQuitous Workshop Chairs to arrange the workshop
- Actively run the workshop
Submitting Your Proposal
Please email your proposal directly to the workshops chairs: Gregor Schiele ([email protected]) and Herodotos Herodotou ([email protected]). The deadline for submission is August 1, 2023. The submission should be a single PDF file, including both the proposal (max. 4 pages) and an appended CFP.
Workshop proposal submission deadline: August 1, 2023
Notification of acceptance: August 4, 2023
Workshop date: November 14, 2023
Suggested Dates for Workshop Organization
Paper submission deadline: September 11, 2023
Notification of acceptance: October 6, 2023
Camera-ready deadline (strict deadline): October 16, 2023
Prof. Dr. Gregor Schiele, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Dr. Herodotos Herodotou, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus