MobiQuitous 2018 invites proposals for workshops of the 15th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, to be held in New York City, 5–7 November 2018.
We are soliciting workshop proposals on any topic of relevance to Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing. All workshops will be held on 5th November 2018 . Workshops are a great opportunity for community building and a forum for attendees with common interests. Accepted workshop papers are included in the adjunct proceedings of the Mobiquitous Conference and will be accessible via the ACM digital library.
Pre-proposal Submission Inquiries
Should you wish to discuss ideas for a workshop proposal, feel free to contact the Workshop Chairs Aruna Balasubramanian ( [email protected] ) and Shucheng Yu ([email protected]).
Workshop Proposal Content
The proposal should be prepared as a document of no more than 4 pages in the official ACM proceedings format using tighter alternate style (Word, Latex). Also, please include a Call for Papers. The document should describe the topic, rationale and objectives for the workshop, the organizers’ backgrounds and bio, and an estimate of expected attendance. In the case of follow-up workshops, please provide statistics from any previously held workshops and a
detailed plan (timeline) for conducting the workshop (including any plans for pre-workshop preparation and/or post-workshop follow up).
Workshop Selection Process
Workshops will be reviewed based on several factors, including:
* The potential for the topic of the workshop to generate stimulating discussions and useful results.
* The expected interest of the community in the workshop topic.
* The quality, organization and plan described in the workshop proposal.
* Relevance to the main conference.
In the case of multiple submissions on similar topics, organizers may be encouraged to merge them.
Workshop Organizers’ Responsibilities
The organizers of each workshop will:
* Publicize the workshop with a call for participation via the MobiQuitous website
* Set up a own web site for the workshop containing more details on the workshop, including CFP, workshop format, plans for publication (if any), participants, program, etc.
* Provide address of workshop website to conference organisers (mobiquitous.org will then point to the individual workshop websites)
* Encourage potential participants to submit papers
* Work with the MobiQuitous Publication Chairs to include workshop papers in the ACM digital library and the supplementary proceedings
* Work with the MobiQuitous Workshop Chair to arrange the workshop
* Actively run the workshop
Submitting Your Proposal
Please email your proposal directly to the workshops chair at [email protected] and [email protected] The deadline for submission is June 15th, 2018. The submission should be a single PDF file, including both the proposal (max. 4 pages) and an appended CFP.
Submission deadline: June 15, 2018
Notification of acceptance: June 21, 2018
Workshop date: November 5, 2018
Aruna Balasubramanian, Stony Brook University
Shucheng Yu, Stevens Institute of Technology